Saturday 10th and Sunday 11th July sees the opening weekend of the 2021 York Open Studios event. A map of the studios that will be open between 10am and 5pm is available HERE. The studios will be open again on 17th & 18th July.
- 40. Caroline Lewis at 24 Hob Moor Terrace - Images of mainly Yorkshire inspired landscapes using collage, lino print and paint. Ghosts - images inspired by COVID19 and abandoned places using collage, transfer printing and paint.
- 42. Angela Anning at 3 St Edwards Close - Highly textured art using wet felting and dry felting techniques to bond and sculpt natural materials: predominantly dyed silks, wools and cottons. Sometimes overlaid with hand or machine embroidery.
- 43. Lucie Wake at 15 Slingsby Grove - Lucie captures the soul of her portrait subjects through her expressive use of delicious slabs of oil paint on canvas. It’s all about the eyes, they capture your attention.
- 44. Pamela Thorby at 11 Middlethorpe Grove - Interstellar, fossil, microorganism or coral? Ceramicist Pamela Thorby makes stoneware porcelain sculptural vessels, imagined but reminiscent of a multiplicity of organic forms plus wheel thrown functional ceramics for the home.
- 53 - Sarah King at 77 North Lane - Sarah uses a variety of soft pastel and pastel pencils on special paper and board, to create lifelike highly detailed portraits.